Our measurement of success? We pioneered the standard for biomass monitoring.
ABER’s ‘manufacturing ready’ biomass measurement technology and expertise is trusted and proven across the biotechnology sector.
So what is capacitance
and why should I use it?
A measured approach to optimising performance,
experience and outcomes
Our biomass capacitance technology solution stack centres around providing live on-line biomass reading – typically cells/ml or g/l for different applications:
Cell culture process development and manufacturing
Aber Instruments’ technology can be applied to in both R&D and manufacturing processes to monitor:
- Suspension cell
- Micro-carrier culture and packed beds
- Cell culture – Manufacturing
- Controlling constant cell concentrations
And, our technology is equally successfully deployed in microbial applications to meausre:
- Bacterial fermentations
- High density yeast fermentations
- Pichia fermentations
- Mycelial fermentations
Our technology offers the unique opportunity for real time, accurate measurement and control of biomass concentrations in bioreactors at both laboratory and industrial scale., bringing significant scientific, operational and commercial benefits in terms of cost reduction and improved product quality.
- Fully automated ‘plug and play’ solutions for rapid cell expansion
- Quick and simple process monitoring
- Automated process control and modelling
- Automated substrate feed strategies
- Harvest point determination
- Optional time of infection for viral production
- Lower risk of contamination
- Reduced risk of unrepresentative samples (due miniminsing the requirement for manual handling)
- Decreased labour and lab costs for offline analysis
Measuring cell density in HyPerforma S.U.B.s with ABER FUTURA
neotf single-use capacitance sensors webinar 28th April
Biomass sensors and equipment
Browse the full range of Aber Instruments products for the Biotech industry.
Find a distributor
Sign up for information on webinars and new developments
Biotech service and support
Our team’s expertise has been developed from working closely with our customers and developing a deep understanding of their aims and challenges. Whether you have a question about a specific product, designing a solution, or want to find out more about our technology our team of expert engineers are on hand and happy to talk.