Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package on offer, within an employee-owned organisation.
The role is offered on a part time basis, from 20 to 25 hours per week.
Closing date: Monday, 27th of March 2023
The ABER Instruments Finance team is looking to grow with the addition of a diligent, adaptable and self-motivated new member, with an eagerness to learn. Based in Aberystwyth, we are an employee owned company with over 30 years’ experience making monitoring instrumentation for the brewing and biotech markets. Our website has more information about our employee owned ethos, history and products.
In joining us at this exciting time in our development, you will receive a generous benefits package including a competitive salary, a twice yearly profit share, a holiday entitlement of 20 days, increasing to 26 days with service, plus Christmas closure leave, as well as flexible working and a generous pension. Following probation, colleagues are gifted 1000 shares, receive income protection, life insurance and can join the cycle to work scheme.
The company is an established, global market leader constantly working to innovate and expand our product portfolio, with bases in the U.K and the U.S. We count many of the world’s leading biotech and brewing companies as valued customers.
As Credit Controller you will be responsible for reviewing accounts receivable balances for both our UK operations and US operations. Working closely with the sales department to set up new customer accounts after successful application and credit check, setting payment terms and credit limits. Contacting customers and chase payments, send monthly account statements and chase letters. Process customer cash receipts and allocate to invoices/credits on customer accounts. You will produce weekly overdue debt, assist with month end bank reconciliations. You will report directly to the Financial Controller and bring any anomalies to her attention.
- Sending out customer application forms to new customers.
- Credit check customer and after review set up customer account, agree terms and credit limit – working with sales and FC/CFO.
- Chasing payments, calling customers, reporting of debtors.
- Responsible for maximising cash collections and delivering reduced debtor days.
- Management of the sales ledger and cash allocation via BACS, Cash and Cheques to customer accounts.
- Follow established procedures and guidelines to collect credit information, maintain accurate records, and collect overdue accounts to minimise outstanding debts.
- Escalating payment issues to relevant senior management.
- Deal with invoice queries from both internal and external Customers.
- Liaising with our Commercial team to resolve customer queries.
- Deal with proof of deliveries for customers.
- Maintaining good customer relationships.
- Forward thinking and striving to improve and develop the current processes and procedures.
- Recording Credit Checks on new and existing Customers. Reviewing periodically and reporting any changes which could impact customers’ ability to pay.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail.
- Previous experience in a credit control role.
- Knowledge of financial software, in particular Sage 200.
- Sound knowledge of MS Excel.
- Excellent numeracy and communication skills.
- Good customer service skills.
- Strong organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise to meet deadlines.
- A collaborative team player, with an ability to work individually.
- International experience.
- Experience of Google Suite.
- Experience or understanding of Employee Ownership.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter detailing your skills and experience to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, 27th of March 2023. For an informal discussion please call Christina on 07483 044699.