International Trade Development Manager
Competitive salary and benefits package on offer, within an employee-owned organisation.
Closing date: 27 July 2020
This role will be responsible for developing and implementing strategies, in line with ABER’s Ethos & Values and Guiding Principles, to mitigate negative effects in potential loss of access to EU free trade agreements following Brexit. Initially, a 2 year position, with a view to extending if the role is successful.
The role will take the lead in implementing specific initiatives, finding new opportunities, researching leads and establishing relationships geared to develop and promote trade. Enhancing export, both within the EU and new markets globally as required to maintain the health and profitability of ABER’s business. Ideally based in Aberystwyth. Reporting to the Sales and Marketing Director. Responsible for the daily management of ABER’s UK Sales and Marketing team whilst. The role will work alongside ABER’s Technical Support team, ABER Inc, and utilise support from external consultants.
Duties to include
- Supporting the Sales & Marketing Director, to develop a Brexit Mitigation Strategy for ABER.
- Build an in-depth understanding of the current trade environment.
- Analyse and understand developments to trade agreements. Remaining up-to-date on the economic and socio-political developments impacting trade globally.
- Strategic understanding of commodities and sectors which are critical from a trading perspective.
- Liaise with current EU clients in order to implement systems, processes and procedures to limit the risk of losing EU customers, whatever the eventual outcome of Brexit negotiations.
- Research and prioritise new target markets for ABER whilst ensuring that current customers in markets currently accessed through EU trade agreements are not lost.
- Develop Marketing projects to support sales objectives.
- Reporting on Marketing activities and initiatives, including digital statistics.
- Manage and maintain a seamless flow of global export from Aberystwyth.
- Maintain ABER’s ongoing initiatives in Business Development working with EU based partners in defining products for Regenerative Medicine applications.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- BA/BS Degree required.
- 5+ years International Trade experience, ideally with a Biotech Bioprocessing background.
- Experienced people manager.
- Experience in facilitating remote teams.
- Expert understanding of tariff terms.
- Strong knowledge of export/trade legislation.
- Marketing experience.
- Strong communication experience.
- Ability to travel up to 20%, domestically and internationally, as required