IT & Data Coordinator
Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package on offer, within an employee-owned organisation.
Closing date: Monday, 27th of March 2023
The ABER Instruments team is looking for a skilled IT & Data Coordinator who will maintain our information technology systems and networks. You will perform both technical and administrative tasks to ensure the functionality and efficiency of information systems at ABER. Based in Aberystwyth, we are an employee owned company with over 30 years’ experience making monitoring instrumentation for the brewing and biotech markets. Our website has more information about our employee owned ethos, history and products.
In joining us at this exciting time in our development, you will receive a generous benefits package including a competitive salary, a twice yearly profit share, a holiday entitlement of 20 days, increasing to 26 days with service, plus Christmas closure leave, as well as flexible working and a generous pension. Following probation, colleagues are gifted 1000 shares, receive income protection, life insurance and can join the cycle to work scheme.
The company is an established, global market leader constantly working to innovate and expand our product portfolio, with bases in the U.K and the U.S. We count many of the world’s leading biotech and brewing companies as valued customers.
As the IT & Data Coordinator, you are responsible for supporting the business by maintaining the security of ABER information. The role is also responsible for maintaining ABER’s technology including the purchase of equipment, managing domains, restoring data, and troubleshooting workstations. In this position, you maintain databases, provide internal user support, manage servers, create networks, and more.
This role is responsible for information systems integrity. The role works alongside the IT Integrity Champion to gain approval for any new ABER systems. Works as part of the Operation Team, reporting to the Managing Director.
- Assesses complex technical problems, provides advice, and makes robust recommendations for appropriate hardware, software, and any other organisational IT solutions.
- Act as an advocate for issues relating to data protection and privacy, including raising awareness, promoting good practice and challenging poor practice.
- Collaborate with other professionals to maintain standards and functionality.
- Evaluates priorities and coordinate resources to address internal user issues.
- Provide technical support and training for systems and networks.
- Monitor system and network performance.
- Perform troubleshooting, repairs and data restoration.
- Install and configure software and hardware (printers, network cards, mobile devices).
- Manages ABER IT asset inventory.
- Maintain licenses and upgrade schedules.
- Manage IT budgets.
- Build and maintain awareness and knowledge of data protection and privacy issues and resources and be willing to undertake training as required.
- Responsible for maintenance and development of all internal IT & Data policies.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- At least two years experience as an IT Coordinator or similar role.
- Experience in network management and help desk support.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, with an eye for prioritisation.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Calm under pressure, with the ability to explain complex details in a user friendly manner.
- Critical-thinker and problem-solver.
- Attention to detail.
- BSc/BA in information technology or computer science.
- Certification in CompTIA+, CompTIA Network+, CompTIA Security+.
- Experience of Google Suite.
- Knowledge of Employee Ownership and culture.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter detailing your skills and experience to email@example.com by Monday, 27th of March 2023. For an informal discussion please call Christina on 07483 044699.