Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package on offer, within an employee-owned organisation.
Closing date: 12th of December 2022
The ABER Instruments Manufacturing team is looking to grow with the addition of an enthusiastic, adaptable and self-motivated new member, with an eagerness to learn. Based in Aberystwyth, we are an employee owned company with over 30 years’ experience making monitoring instrumentation for the brewing and biotech markets. Our website has more information about our employee owned ethos and values, history and products.
In joining us at this exciting time in our development, you will receive a generous benefits package including a twice yearly profit share, a holiday entitlement of 20 days, increasing to 26 days with service, plus Christmas closure leave. Flexible working and a generous pension. Following probation, colleagues are gifted 1000 shares, receive income protection, life insurance and can join the cycle to work scheme.
The company is an established, global market leader constantly working to innovate and expand our product portfolio, with bases in the U.K and the U.S. We count many of the world’s leading biotech and brewing companies as customers, therefore attention to detail and quality are essential.
The manufacture and testing of a range of products to a high quality standard in line with Company procedures and documentation. You will be a member of the Manufacturing Department and report to the Manufacturing Manager.
Duties to include
- Assembly and testing of our instrumentation and ancillary equipment; to include calibrations, pre-testing, temperature cycling, final testing, electrical safety, EMC, and PAT testing.
- Assembly of small PCBs with surface mount soldering work.
- Precision machining; to include the use of lathes, mills, laser engravers, and welders, and other workshop equipment as required.
- Producing build documentation for batch recording of parts and components, and the selection of individual parts to maintain quality.
- Programming various devices including PLCs, EPROMs, and flash cards from firmware masters.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- An understanding of electronic principles
- Attention to detail, good hand to eye co-ordination and manual dexterity
- Computer literacy and proficiency in a range of Windows based PC applications (e.g. MS Word, Excel, Access)
- Familiarity with test equipment such as multi-meters and oscilloscopes
- Knowledge of and the ability to use lathes, mills and other workshop equipment to very high quality standards (or the ability to train quickly in their use).
- Surface mount soldering experience
- Experience within the industry
To apply please send your CV and covering letter, detailing your suitability for the post to email@example.com by Monday 12th of December 2022.