Manufacturing Technician x3
We are currently recruiting for 3 Manufacturing Technicians to support our growth. Competitive salary and benefits package on offer, within an employee-owned organisation.
Closing date: 23rd August 2021
About Aber Instruments
ABER Instruments is an Employee owned company that design, manufacture, and supply thousands of advanced systems for use in the Brewing and Biotech industries, many of which are exported to over 115 different countries worldwide. We are proud to have some of the world’s largest pharmaceutical and brewing companies as our valued customers. We are looking for new people to join the Manufacturing team.
The manufacture and testing of a range of products to a high quality standard in line with Company procedures and documentation. You will be a member of the Manufacturing Department and report to the Manufacturing Manager.
- Assembly and testing of our instrumentation and ancillary equipment; to include calibrations, pre-testing, temperature cycling, final testing, electrical safety, EMC, and PAT testing.
- Assembly of small PCBs with surface mount soldering work.
- Precision machining; to include the use of lathes, mills, laser engravers, and welders, and other workshop equipment as required.
- Producing build documentation for batch recording of parts and components, and the selection of individual parts to maintain quality.
- Programming various devices including PLCs, EPROMs, and flash cards from firmware masters
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- An understanding of electronic principles
- Attention to detail, good hand to eye co-ordination and manual dexterity
- Computer literacy and proficiency in a range of Windows based PC applications (e.g. MS Word, Excel, Access)
- Familiarity with test equipment such as multi-meters and oscilloscopes
- Knowledge of and the ability to use lathes, mills and other workshop equipment to very high quality standards (or the ability to train quickly in their use).
- Surface mount soldering experience
- Experience within the industry