Competitive salary and benefits package on offer, within an employee-owned organisation.
Full time role.
Closing date: Monday, 16th October 2023
The ABER Instruments team is looking to grow with the addition of a Quality Manager. Based in Aberystwyth, we are an employee owned company with over 30 years’ experience making monitoring instrumentation for the brewing and biotech markets. Our website has more information about our employee owned ethos, history and products.
In joining us at this exciting time in our development, you will receive a generous benefits package including a competitive salary, a twice yearly profit share, a holiday entitlement of 20 days, increasing to 26 days with service, plus Christmas closure leave, as well as flexible working and a generous pension. Following probation, colleagues are gifted 1000 shares, are entitled to income protection, life insurance and can join the cycle to work scheme.
The company is an established, global market leader constantly working to innovate and expand our product portfolio, with bases in the U.K and the U.S We count many of the world’s leading biotech and brewing companies as valued customers.
The Quality Manager is responsible for ensuring that ABER products and processes meet or exceed established quality standards and customer expectations. The Quality Manager will develop and implement quality control systems, conduct inspections and audits, manage non-conformities, and drive continuous improvement initiatives. Leads a small team including the Accreditation Coordinator and the Manufacturing Quality Coordinator. The role will work closely with cross-functional teams to ensure compliance with relevant regulations and standards.
Develop and implement quality control systems:
- Design and implement quality assurance procedures and guidelines to ensure compliance with industry standards and regulations.
- Develop and maintain a quality management system that encompasses all aspects of the company’s operations.
- Establish metrics and key performance indicators (KPIs) to monitor quality performance and drive improvements.
- Conduct inspections and audits:
- Perform regular inspections of incoming materials, in-process production, and finished products to verify compliance with specifications.
- Conduct internal audits to assess adherence to quality standards, identify areas for improvement, and initiate corrective actions.
- Coordinate external audits from regulatory bodies or customers, ensuring timely responses and compliance.
- Investigate and resolve customer complaints, non-conforming products, and process deviations.
- Implement and oversee effective corrective and preventive actions (CAPA) to address root causes of quality issues.
- Maintain appropriate documentation and records related to non-conformities and their resolutions.
Drive continuous improvement:
- Analyse quality data and trends to identify improvement opportunities and develop action plans.
- Implement quality improvement initiatives, such as lean manufacturing, Six Sigma, or other relevant methodologies.
- Provide training and support to employees on quality-related topics to enhance awareness and knowledge.
Collaborate with cross-functional teams:
- Work closely with Process Engineering, Manufacturing, and supply chain teams to ensure quality requirements are incorporated into all processes.
- Collaborate with suppliers to establish quality standards, perform audits, and drive supplier development activities.
- Liaise with ABER’s Support and Sales teams to address quality-related concerns and provide the necessary support.
Ensure regulatory compliance:
- Support the Accreditation Coordinator to ensure ABER Stays up to date on relevant quality standards, regulations, and industry best practices.
- Ensure compliance with applicable regulatory requirements, such as ISO, FDA, RoHS, or other specific industry standards.
- Participate in regulatory audits and support the implementation of necessary
- corrective actions.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, quality management, or a related field. Master’s degree – desirable.
- Proven experience in quality management within the electronics industry.
- In-depth knowledge of quality control methodologies, tools, and techniques.
- Familiarity with relevant quality standards and regulations (ISO 9001, ISO 13485, etc.).
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to lead and collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- Experience with quality improvement methodologies such as Six Sigma or lean manufacturing.
- Certification in quality management (e.g., ASQ Certified Quality Manager).
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter detailing your skills and experience to email@example.com by Monday, 16th of October 2023. For an informal discussion please call Christina on 07483 044699.