R&D Program Manager
Competitive salary and benefits package on offer, within an employee-owned organisation.
Full time role, 37.5 per week.
Closing date: Monday, 2nd of October 2023.
We are looking for an experienced Program Manager to join our Research and Development (R&D) Department. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading, coordinating, and driving the planning & execution of new product development projects through Research, Development, Process Engineering and into Manufacturing. You will report directly to the Research & Development Leader and will have primary day-to-day responsibility for planning and ensuring the delivery of all R&D project-related activities. You will work closely with our Research Coordinator, Development team leads, Software Manager and Principal Process Engineer to help deliver projects from initial concept through to manufacturing.
- Oversee and manage a portfolio of projects within the R&D department, ensuring timely execution and quality delivery.
- Project manage individual projects as and when needed.
- As the team grows, you will line manage the project management team.
- Define and manage project scope, requirements, and deliverables that support business objectives in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Develop and manage full-scale project plans and associated communication documents.
- Implement and manage project changes and interventions to achieve project outputs.
- Identify, monitor, and respond to project risks and issues; devise mitigation strategies and escalate as necessary.
- Coordinate and collaborate with internal teams and vendors to ensure all parties are on track with project requirements, deadlines, and schedules.
- Plan and manage resources to ensure project goals are met in a cost-effective manner.
- Provide leadership, direction, and support to the project teams; promote a positive and inclusive work environment.
- Establish and cultivate relationships with key stakeholders to ensure alignment, collaboration, and project success.
- Evaluate and assess results of the projects upon completion, providing insights for improvements and strategic planning.
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Project Management, Business, Science, Engineering or related field.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to motivate and guide team members.
- PMP certification or equivalent is highly desirable.
- A minimum of 5 years of project management experience, preferably within an R&D or technical environment.
- Experience managing and delivering complex, multifaceted projects from conception to completion.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to manage and influence stakeholders at various levels within the organisation.
- Flexibility to adapt your approach and processes when needed.
- Familiarity with project management software tools, methodologies, and best practices.
- Strong problem-solving skills, with a strategic and analytical mindset.
- Exceptional organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Experience working on electronics or measurement products.
- Experience in Agile methodologies.
This position is full time and will be based on site at least 80% of the time, and requires the ability to travel as necessary.
Closing date Monday, 2nd of October 2023.
To apply please send a CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com, For an informal discussion please call Christina on 07483 044699.