Caring… beyond measure.
The Aber Charity Fund
Doing our part to make a difference.
Now and in the future.
ABER Instruments was born as a ‘spin out’ from the Aberystwyth University. We were founded in Aberystwyth – in the West of Wales – and we’ve been headquartered here for over 30 years. Our location, our role and our place in the region matters to us very much.
As an Employee Owned business, one of our key responsibilities is stewardship which means we are committed to creating opportunities, security and prosperity for the people we work with, our community and the region, today and for future generations.
This is why we established the ABER Charity Fund. It’s a way of us extending our commitment beyond our business, and distributing a portion of our profits to worthy causes in our local area.
We have some very simple criteria for consideration:
- Your charity or cause must be located in Ceredigion
- Ideally your charity should be raising money for specific equipment or tangible goods – we’re less likely to grant funding for salaries or admin costs
- The charity or cause must benefit the local community – we will look at global initiatives but our current focus is to support our local community.
- We won’t support any political movements or parties.
- Whilst we love animals we unfortunately can’t support animal shelters or charities. In this instance we would rather support environmental initiatives.
We believe it’s our duty to support the region and do what we can to make a positive sustainable impact the lives of people who live in our local communities.
If you work with, or know of, an eligible charity or charitable cause based in Ceredigion that could use some additional funding, please get in contact with us to see if we could help.
Our commitment to people and society
As an employee owned company, we have a deep-rooted belief that if everybody has a stake, then everybody cares.
Find out more about Employee Ownership and what it really means to the individuals who make us who we are.