Operations Manager – USA Based
Based in Alexandria, Washington DC.
Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package on offer, within an employee-owned organisation.
Closing date: 24th March 2023.
ABER Instruments is an employee-owned organization, with a strong focus on work culture and ethos. You will be a part of an organization where everyone takes pride in working towards the same goal. You will join an open, collaborative and expanding team which operates on trust and integrity. As a part of the employee-owned organization, not only will you get the opportunity to directly influence the business, but also focus on your personal development.
ABER develops, manufactures, and supplies advanced sensor solutions (Process Analytical Technology) for bioprocess, life sciences, and brewing industries. The company enjoys a dominant market position as an innovator and world-class supplier. The ABER headquarters are based in the UK. ABER’s US subsidiary is a Sales & Support organization and is based in Alexandria, VA.
ABER offers a competitive salary, along with an exceptional benefits package including health, dental, vision and 401K.
Diligent management of the office and operations is integral to the success of our US function. Reporting to the Vice President, the role is based in ABER’s office in Alexandria, VA. This is an office-based position. We are seeking a people-oriented Operations Manager, who would enjoy working with a small, but fast expanding team. A strong team player who will contribute to a positive and productive work culture. As it is with any growing business, the responsibilities may evolve as the company grows. The Operations Manager is expected to adapt and adjust to the changing needs of the business.
- Manage the overall operations of the company with a small but fast growing team.
- Be a strong team player and contribute to a positive and productive work culture.
- Continuously review and optimize the company’s processes and procedures to ensure they align with the company’s goals and objectives.
- Assess the insurance policy needs of the business while ensuring all current policies are up to date. Complete insurance audits in a regular and timely manner.
- Assist with recruitment policies and processes.
- Liaise with Aber UK headquarters to create HR policies for the US function that are consistent with the Aber group.
- Manage and run monthly payroll and expense reports.
- Be capable of collating, analyzing and presenting the company’s finance & management accounts.
- Manage the debtor list to ensure customer invoices are paid on time.
- Diligently manage the company’s inventory (sales, evaluation and exhibition)and run monthly stock checks. Liaise with sales and support teams to review inventory needs.
- Take charge of dispatching sales orders and demo equipment to customers.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with suppliers, vendors, and other key stakeholders to ensure the smooth running of the business.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant business regulations and laws, including those related to finance, Health & Safety and property management.
- Create business systems and processes with exceptional attention to detail, and review them regularly to ensure they are up-to-date and effective.
- Take a hands-on, practical approach to solving problems at all levels, and act as a liaison between different teams within the US (East and West Coast) and UK businesses.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- Around 10 years of experience in an office/operations management role in US business.
- A people oriented individual, with the ability to foster relationships with colleagues, vendors and suppliers.
- A strong communicator with the commitment to creating and maintaining a positive work culture, and is able to contribute to the team’s overall morale.
- Experience of working in a small business environment where there is a requirement to wear multiple hats.
- Equally strong work ethic and commitment towards achieving the company’s goals and performing the day-to-day tasks.
- Strong leadership and management skills.Excellent problem-solving and creative decision-making abilities.
- Strong knowledge of relevant US regulations and laws.
- Experience with accounting software such as QuickBooks or SAGE
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google Suite and other relevant software
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business Administration or a related field.
- Appreciation of the principles of employee ownership and collaborative work culture.
- Experience of working within a small, but multinational organization.
To apply please send your CV and covering letter, detailing your suitability for the post to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 24th March 2023.